Stephen Follett’s focus is estate planning, probate, trust administration, trust and probate litigation, guardianship and conservatorship.
Stephen is a trusted advisor because he uses a practical approach to legal issues. He often tells his clients, with a smile, that “I was a human being before I became an attorney.” He was married, had a daughter, had a “normal” life, all before he worked himself through college and graduated from law school with honors, cum laude.
Stephen synthesizes his practice between creating estate plans and matters that take him to the courtroom. This gives him a unique “before and after” view that other estate planning lawyers do not have. He makes sure his estate planning clients have a true perspective of how the legal theories actually work in practice “where the rubber meets the road.” His goal is to leave each client with a simple workable plan, not a complex trust or estate plan just to generate more fees.
Working with clients–young and old– Stephen strives to ensure the well-being of their families now and the accomplishment of cherished family goals in the future. Stephen’s experience, training and education have instilled in him a strong knowledge of family protection and values-based planning.
- Arizona State Bar, Trust Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section
- Wills for Heroes
- Unit Commissioner, Outdoor Committee: San Tan District, Grand Canyon Council of the Boy Scouts 2007 – 2010
- Executive Assistant, Outdoor Committee: San Tan District, Grand Canyon Council of the Boy Scouts, 2010- 2012
- Order of the Arrow, Chapter Advisor: San Tan District, Grand Canyon Council of the Boy Scouts, 2012- 2013
- Committee member: Maricopa County Bar Association, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section, 2009-2011
- Judicial Extern for Judge Roslyn Silver (Federal District Court of Arizona)
- Judicial Extern for Judge James Teilborg (Federal District Court of Arizona)
- Judicial Extern for Judge Warren Granville (Superior Court of Arizona)